Friday, November 22, 2013

Elite by Rachel Van Dyken 5 Stars!

Elite by Rachel Van Dyken 5 Stars! Wow…this book just blew my mind. I can’t rave enough about how great this book is. If you haven’t read Elite by Rachel Van Dyken you must put it on the top of your TBR list! Trace Rooks was raised by her grandparents. Her grandmother recently passed away and now she is heading to college. Trace won the Eagle Elite College Scholarship lottery; she knew graduating from this school would give her unlimited opportunities in life. She would be able to take care of her grandfather. However, Trace was not prepared to come into contact with the Elect and their rules. The Elect informed her of the rules that she is to follow or they will make her life hell. Nixon is the leader of the Elect. He is the senior student council president and is in charge of showing new students the ropes and informing them of the rules. No one would dare to cross Nixon. Nixon’s job is to protect the students from fights and being made fun of, but to do so he has to make sure they know their place. His job is not to be nice to everyone, but to enforce the rules. Trace doesn’t take too kindly to Nixon or his rules. As much as Trace wants to hate Nixon she can’t help, but find him attraction and be pulled to him. Nixon has so many secrets; he is very cryptic about anything regarding who he is or what he does. Trace why he is so important or why people are afraid of him. The closer Trace gets to Nixon the more she learns. Once she finds out the truth her whole world changes. Everything she thought she knew and who she really is takes Trace by complete surprise. She was prepared for her life to completely change. Elite is a page turner that will keep you up at night reading until you have finished the book. I loved all the twist and turns. My heart was pounding at times and I couldn’t wait to see what was going to happen. I had extremely mixed feelings for Nixon: I definitely had a love hate relationship with him, but I could understand why he acted the way he did. He is trying to keep everyone safe; especially Trace, whom he can’t seem to stay away from. I felt so bad for Trace. She is such an innocent and sweet girl, who is thrown into a world she knows nothing about. Rachel Van Dyken did an amazing job keeping you guessing and shocking you throughout this book. I have never been disappointed by any of her books and this one is no different. I can’t wait to read the sequel, Elect. “I would have kissed you harder. I would have fought for you more. I don’t know. I would have stolen you away, taken your virtue, make myself so permanently etched on you person that every time you took a breath it was my scent that was permeating the air.” Nixon

No comments:

Post a Comment